Saturday, April 5, 2014

Franklin & Marshall College. Lancaster, PA



Today's my trip was to the small town of Lancaster in Pennsylvania, the center of Amish county.
I did not visit the city itself, only it's greatest Franklin & Marshall College.

College was established in 1787 and named after Benjamin Franklin, who donated £200 for the new facility. It has very interesting Revolutionary War history, but I won't stop on that, you can find article about it in Wikipedia.

Here I want to represent College's architecture and the surrounding area.

That is the first building you see in the college campus.


Conference which I attended was hosted in that building.

That is probably a former brewery on the site of which the College has been built.







 The Main Colleges' building



Main building again



FM stands for Franklin & Marshall.


Greenhouse

Little garden




The College is full of sculptures. They are all around, not only in the garden













Besides of sculptures, I've spotted couple of interesting trees.

Maybe sometimes in the future I visit Lancaster's historic downtown, but for right now it's the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment